Formal Title: SAP ABAP Consultant
Reports to: Department Head
Travel required: No
Employment: Full time
Discus Business solutions have been established in the year 2009 and have been noticed for remarkable growth through its efforts for serving clients across the globe. Located in Ahmedabad, India, DBS has impressed clients and serving its best. We offer many solutions under one roof which starts from designing to the whole project life cycle.
DBS is a team of an experienced and enthusiastic team that believes in quality and we have proved that on many occasions. We spread our wings in the business of software development, aws Services, accounting service, Video Surveillance, SAP services, and Business Software Services, etc.
The SAP ABAP developer works alongside the other ABAP developers and functional developers, possibly handling multiple pieces of work simultaneously, alongside ad-hoc support queries. They must work with the development team as peers and be able to communicate effectively with customers.
You will report to…
1. Department Head
You will work closely with…
1. Functional Team
Duties & Responsibilities
• Understanding the needs and requirements of the clients by coordinating with their representatives and seeking clarity on every minute detail in order to provide the best possible solution.
• You will design, develop and support application solutions with focus on SAP ABAP.
• Adapting to these changes by self-training and research work BDC, BAPI, BADI User Exit, SAP Script, VIEW, QUERY,
• Expertise in Data dictionary objects, smart forms, Module pool, Reports
• Experience S4HANA & ODATA
• Provide on-going support for the SAP systems in relation to programming work in ABAP.
• Ensure programs are coded and delivered according to programming standards while maintaining necessary documentation of the development work
• Attending to incidents & changes requests (low and moderate complexity based on Complexity Matrix defined) for SAP, primarily in the areas of ABAP, Workflow, SAPScript, Smartforms, IDocs and PO.
• Develop & maintain development documentation (Technical specifications) and other relevant documentation as necessary to ensure sustainability of development work and compliance to Change Governance.
• Deploy changes related to incidents & change requests to production system.
• The resolution time of incidents & change requests should meet agreed SLA time based on their priority.
• Follow the SAP standard coding method
• Bachelor's degree Information Technology/Systems, or Engineering or Business-related degree majoring in computing systems
• Have knowledge in Module pool, Reports – ALV, Classic Smart form to stay updated with the latest technological advancement and changes in the world of SAP development
• Dialog programming experience and exposure to BAPI and IDOC will be advantageous
• Knowledge and experience on SAP Workflow
• Possess good analytical, communication, presentation and soft skills
• Attention to detail especially in ABAP programming ensuring program logic is efficient (no expensive code), and ability to think in a logical manner
• Able to communicate well in English
• Able to write clearly and work within deadlines
• Able to work extended hours when necessary
• Possess personal attributes such as diligent, meticulous, tactful interpersonal skills, professional integrity and initiative
• Keen to learn, a team player and have good working attitude
• MS Office (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access, Visio) skills
• 4 years SAP ABAP experience
• Programming experience in the areas of FICO/SD/MM/PP will be advantageous
• Experience S4HANA & ODATA
SAP certification/training in ABAP will be advantageous