Formal Title: Java Developer
Reports to: Department Head
Travel required: No
Employment: Full time
CTC: As per market standards
Discus Business solutions have been established in the year 2009 and have been noticed for remarkable growth through its efforts for serving clients across the globe. Located in Ahmedabad, India, DBS has impressed clients and serving its best. We offer many solutions under one roof which starts from designing to the whole project life cycle.
DBS is a team of an experienced and enthusiastic team that believes in quality and we have proved that on many occasions. We spread our wings in the business of Software Development, AWS Services, Accounting service, Video Surveillance, SAP services, and Business Software Services, etc.
Java Developers are computer programmers who are proficient with coding in Java. Their primary responsibilities include designing and implementing Java applications, developing and testing software, and resolving technical issues that arise.
You will report to…
- Department Head
You will work closely with…
- Functional Team
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write clean & well-documented code to add features to the Discus Enterprise Application Suite
- Implement custom algorithms and libraries to meet requirements
- Thoroughly Unit test your code before releasing for further testing to ensure all requirements are met
- From time to time, create software solutions from scratch to meet Client needs
- Review the code of peers & juniors to ensure a clean codebase is maintained throughout
- Contribute to team meetings & architectural discussions to implement best practices
- Groom junior team members such that they produce world-class software using suitable technology stacks
- Provide solutions to Jira Issues, Tasks & Features in a timely fashion
- Keep code repository up-to-date with regular commits
- Ensure Jira tasks assigned to you are responded to regularly & monitored regularly
- Work with Management, PMs & BAs to define and execute a product improvement roadmap
- From time to time, support the Infra/Cloud team to deploy software releases efficiently and without problems
- Ensure that you follow the development team’s best practice architecture & coding standards
- Maintain, and prepare on an ongoing basis, adequate documentation for development – this includes
- API documentation
- Technical documentation
- Code comments
- Present regular reports of development status to Management
- Work closely with the Technology Lead to achieve target release schedules
- Develop & implement methods for skills & knowledge enhancement
- Handle client escalations swiftly & efficiently
Eligibility & Criteria
- Have at least 3 years of experience in IT, developing software using server-side Java technologies.
- Be motivated & possess a passion for IT as a whole & software development in particular.
- Be proactive, outcome-oriented & solution-focused.
- Are keen to learn new technologies & possess the maturity of maintaining & upgrading legacy code.
- Have worked with Enterprise Clients in India and Overseas developing software.
- Have an understanding of release cycles, roadmaps & release planning.
- Have an understanding of Software Requirements documents, Prototyping, Agile methodologies.
Technical experience (Required)
- Development of Web-based modular web service-based applications
- Java Enterprise Edition (Spring and/or EJB)
- RESTful or SOAP Web Services
- HTML5, CSS & Bootstrap or similar framework
- Deployment of Web Applications in a Cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure or other)
- Excellent JPA & document-store databases
- Writing & improving SQL queries
- Unix, Windows & Linux environments
- Scaffolding (jHipster & Yeoman)
- JMS (Apache Kafka or Rabbitmq etc)
- Integration with existing SaaS solutions/Desktop Apps (Google, Microsoft, Slack, etc) is a BIG plus.
Technical experience (Preferred)
- Message Queues
- User Experience design
- Understanding of SaaS deployments on Cloud
- Scaffolding frameworks
- NodeJS modules
- XML & other data description languages
- Mobile development (cross-platform framework, eg Flutter)
- Plugin development (Microsoft Office, Google, etc)
- It is preferred that you
- Have an understanding of SaaS deployments
- Have an understanding of ERP & CRM systems
- Have an understanding of Enterprise Application Integration
- Understand current age tech stacks for Backend development.