Gone are the days when packaging means the product will go to the place where it means to be. In industries, right from customer packaged goods to pharma products, high-quality packaging is essential to work. It is heavily regulated, being part of the whole product itself.
With an increasing number of products, renewals, and various launches, compliance needs, incorporation with several artwork stakeholders, and several other factors needed for packing and artwork management add continuous pressure to the company. There are several challenges comes while dealing with the external and the internal department.
As because packaging artwork management becomes more relevant to the product, delays in delivery of the approved package artwork have a high impact on product time to the market. At this time, automated artwork management can be integrated into product lifecycle management.
Here are some issues the team faces when there is no proper artwork management:
• Problem with visibility: While effective product development is receiving good visibility of the several sectors of the supply chain, the whole process of artwork production has not kept up with space. The team that manages artwork, design of the packaging, production of the package, and labeling mostly do not communicate with each other. Even in some big companies, the individual team keeps track of the progress with the help of a spreadsheet. The outcome is an opaque process where mostly errors and also delays start showing up unexpectedly.
• The existing state of artwork review and approval process: you might be knowing about the drill. The hardcopy proofs and drafts need an exchange, marking up, and comment, and then it is sent out. No one can ever become sure that an alteration requested by one team will not cause any problem in another team's area of responsibility. Because of this, the artwork approvals will take a much longer time. As more and more groups with their complicated regulations, needs, and processes start getting involved, the artwork approvals might continue dragging on time to the market.
So, the only solution is integrating automated artwork management into the lifecycle of a product. An efficient artwork management solution will allow you to define roles and essential responsibilities especially. It helps in making clear who is reviewing what, utilizing what criteria by when. Then it will manage the workflow and proofing across both the internal teams along with outside agencies. The current status can be observed, and all approval is submitted remotely.
When time passes by, utilizing such tools facilitates building up the knowledge base of some of the commonly made mistakes, repeating bottlenecks, package information, legal requirements, and all expenses in an easy-to-access form.
The artwork that surrounds your product is as valuable as the product itself, and it needs a properly managed process. Artwork management difficulties arise due to various teams working in silos, with several infrequent contacts with one another. When a company makes integration of the artwork management system into the product lifecycle management, it pushes the team to function together. The following changes allow everyone to know what others are doing.
• Consolidated data storage: Do not lose your assets again; every project will use a central digital asset manager where the correct data is attached and then utilized all through the project.
• A process for holistic approval: Obtaining approval for specific artwork is not a process that should be left for email. Verbal approval is also not sufficient. Manufacturers need to implement a strategy where everybody within the project can observe if a particular piece of artwork is now usable or not.
• Important performance indicators: Out of all the artwork that is being manufactured, how many is getting approval for use in packaging? How long it takes? All these questions are vital if you wish to obtain your art finished before your products are displayed on the shelves. At last, your workers must adopt a new product. A specific amount of all novel software execution fails because of employee resistance. As such, your selected applicants must be easy for us, especially for those employees who have previously dependent on spreadsheets as their primary method of the art development process.
So, it's better to start wise artwork management. With an artwork management solution, it is possible to manage the whole packaging lifecycle process. The solutions assist in streamlining the entire process, maintain control and provide collaboration and offer visibility. It helps in creating novel effectiveness and removes delays to decrease the time to market. It has made the whole coordination job significantly less stressful through the needed coordination is still prevailing in this function. The coordinator has to reach out to the stakeholders to ensure timely delivery is made even though the toll is reminding separately.